Start Post dating checks in massachusetts

Post dating checks in massachusetts

So how can you find out if there's money waiting for you? If you think there might be unclaimed property that belongs to you, call or write to the unclaimed property office in each state in which you or your deceased relatives have ever lived.

The fees range from 10% of the value of the property to as much as 60%.

All you get for the fee is the name and address of the state unclaimed property office that has your property.

Once you submit the claim form, it should take about two months for you to get the check.

Even if you don't find any money, you should continue to check with the unclaimed property offices every few years.

This web page ( will tell you how you can find out - for free - whether there is unclaimed property belonging to you, and how to claim that property.

Most unclaimed property becomes abandoned as a result of a change of address (the owner moved), a name change (the owner got married or divorced), or death of the owner (the estate was unaware of the money or the heirs could not be located).

If a tracer tells you there's money waiting for you, you can call the state yourself and get the money without having to pay anybody anything. If the tracer is unwilling to tell you which state has the unclaimed property, try calling or writing each of the states listed below.

Start first with the states in which you've lived, and the states in which your deceased relatives lived.

Tracers are professionals who make a living finding the owners of unclaimed property.

They then contact the owners, and offer to help them locate their unclaimed property for a fee.

They will want the same information about any other individual for whom you're the legal beneficiary.